Dry spray is a pain. Here’s how to spot it, why it’s happening and a 7-point checklist to avoid it.
Dry Spray is a rough, textured surface often confined to a small area.
Cause: Paint lacks ability to flow properly.
Corrective Action Checklist:
- Check if defect is on whole unit or in specific area
- Check other units to see if a pattern exists
- Check if defect is specific to one color or many colors
- Check for proper film build
- Check for excessive air pressure
- Check for improper gun distance
- Check reducing solvent selection and spray viscosity